The Production Manager has primary responsibility for the scheduling of sound & lighting engineering and stagehands, budgeting, contracting and executing of all aspects of physical production including: lights, sound, costumes, props, paint and projections for all productions, workshops, readings, rentals and events in the Murphy Arts District.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of technical and management staff to ensure the success of the events production.
- Attend meetings with artists, sound and lighting specialists, and other staff to plan every aspect of the concerts/gigs.
- Operate within the allocated budget, and managing finances.
- Ensure that health and safety legislation is closely followed.
- Deal with any problems that may arise, and liaising closely with stage managers and tour managers.
- Develop and administer production calendars and design deadlines for each production as necessary – Creating timelines for work completion and overseeing all scheduling of required staff.
- Determine load-in, tech and strike schedules for all programming as necessary.
- Maintain department contact information and show rosters of all production personnel.
- Develop working relationships with area designers, production managers, technicians, and actively scout new talent.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in Theater Production, Technical Direction, or similar experience is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a production manager, technical director or stage manager is required. Experience as a sound engineer, lighting designer/coordinator, rigger, or similar within the event industry is strongly desired.
- Must have the ability to run light boards, sound boards, fly floors, review technical riders, answer technical questions, and manage staff. Candidate is required to have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point. Experience with PC and Apple products, projectors, DVD players, sound stacks, sound board, lighting board, and spotlights is strongly preferred.
- Required flexible hours including, nights, days, weekends, possible holidays depending on show schedule.
- Must meet physical demands such as: bend, squat, crawl, climb, carry & lift over 50lbs, exposure to excessive noise, exposure to changes in temperature & humidity, work in confined spaces, etc.
- Commensurate with experience
*To apply, please fill out an application form at http://www.eldofest.com/page/job-application/ and email it along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “PRODUCTION MANAGER” in your subject line.