Human Resources Manager
El Dorado Festivals & Events is in search of an experienced Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating human resource management activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment and terminations, personnel policies, regulatory compliance, performance management, employee relations and human resources best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- Process payroll for all employees on a weekly or semi-monthly basis, as necessary.
- Develop personnel policies and new hire packages.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Investigate and report on accidents for insurance carriers.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Ensure that the new hire orientation process properly introduces new employees to the corporate culture.
- Deliver compensation and benefit comparison reports to the executive team each month and make recommendations to improve the company’s current offerings.
- Come up with new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.
- Act as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in HR.
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Starting base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus opportunity.
- Paid vacation.
- Reimbursement and paid mileage for work related expenses.
- Health, dental & vision insurance offered – Eligible on the first of the month after completion of 60 days of employment.
- Payroll direct deposit.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com and fill out an application at http://www.eldofest.com/page/job-application/